Thursday, November 20, 2008

I KNOW IT'S EARLY!!!!!!

. . . but I love Christmas time! As soon as November hits, sometimes even before that, I begin planning my Christmas decorations, where we might get a tree this year, and what kinds of music to play in the beginning so as not to drive my husband crazy with a "too early" Christmas. I love this time of year! I can't wait to see all the lights hanging on people's houses and all over town. I love going to the store and seeing a giant Christmas tree all decorated, coaxing you to make your way to the Christmas isles and purchase decorations for your house (which I always fall for). I'm so weak! I love Christmas! It feels so good all the time and people are nicer than they are the rest of the year and my kids get excited to see Santa and make a birthday cake for Jesus ( I think they just like to eat the cake). Not to mention all the great gifts you get to get for all those you love, big and small gifts and everything in between. I love you, Christmas! Why can't you come a bit earlier, like July, and maybe stay till April? I promise I would keep my tree up that long if you would just stay!

I also love being able to teach my children all the fun family traditions we have on the commercial side of Christmas and tell them about the importance of Christmas and the Savior which makes this time of year so special! They get really excited about giving gifts to other people, they can be so generous!


Hmmmmmmm. I love this time of year!

1 comment:

Jen & Johnny said...

I love Christmas too and I do start listening to Christmas music on November 1st & Johnny hates it!! We are so excited you are going to be there for Thanksgiving and are going to come to my family's feast!!! Just bring your beautiful selves and nothing more!!!! They won't even let us bring anything!!!! We are so excited to see you guys!!!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online