Tuesday, February 12, 2008

My Valentine


















I have read several Valentine's day tags and even though I have not been tagged I thought I would share a little about me and my Valentine.


Justin and I celebrated our sixth wedding anniversary last November 23. We met just two weeks after he got home from his mission in Venezuela and he gave me his first kiss! How sweet, right!? Well, anyone who knows us well has probably heard that story and it's pretty funny. You can ask me about it if you haven't heard it, but Justin may not allow me to share it too much. Anyway, we dated for about 10 months before we were engaged and had a four month engagement. Justin was the first to tell me that he loved me (another funny story). It was just before Chirstmas break and we were both leaving to see our families the next morning. I was about to leave and drive in horrible weather to see my family and Justin was worried that I might die and he may never get a chance to tell me. But I was excited to hear it anyway!


Our first date was probably the best one we had during our courtship. He took me to go through the corn maze where he planted probably the most memorable kiss of my life. It was funny because while he was kissing me, a family came around the corner and interupted us, or atleast tried to. While I pulled away from him so as not to offend the parents and their kids, he pulled me closer, determined not to let anyone ruin that moment for him! I wonder if that family's memory of that is similar to mine?


Anyway, Justin was determined not to marry the first person he dated (advice taken from his mom) so we broke up a few times so he could date other people, which he never did. Eventually, he just accepted the inevitable, he was one of the lucky one's who didn't have to waste his time with all the wrong ones and found "Mrs. Right" the first time around! Lucky him, right?!


Actually, I'm the lucky one. Justin has been more than the best husband to me. He has been my best friend, my confidente, my teacher, and my greatest example. He is the best father I could ever ask for to our children. I can see how much he loves them and me in his face everyday he comes home from work. He is visibly happy to be with his family and we adore him for that. Happy Valentine's Day Babe! I am so greatful we don't need a holiday to share how much we love eachother, but holiday's make it convenient for an excuse to do so. I love you!

2 comments:

Jen & Johnny said...

CUTE! CUTE! CUTE! I love the stories!!!!

Brittney said...

You are too cute Trina. I love those stories they made me laugh a bit:) I love Valentines Day!!! I hope you guys have a great one!!!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online