Thursday, February 14, 2008

Downtown Mesa

I was thinking that I don't take advantage of where we are living enough so I've begun today. The kids and I took a walk in downtown Mesa. There are so many shops that I would love to go into but I was afraid my kids might break everything in them so I'll have to go back another time for that. But today, there are several art sculptures along the sidewalks so we enjoyed a little culture looking for all the art work on our walk. This first picture is after the one store we did go into, a cookie shop! They were huge and delicious!

This is called "The Puddle Jumper"
The kids are attempting to immitate him.

"Nature's Balance"

"Booked for the Day"

"Betty"
We saw this one as we were driving home but elephants are the kids absolute FAVORITE animal, so we had to stop and take a picture. Of course, Cole thinks ALL elephants are Dumbo!

"The Big Pink Chair"(appropriately named)

"Walrus and Calf"

"The Lion of Flanders"

"Little Spuirt"

"Mom. . . can I keep him?"
I think this one has to be my favorite. Doesn't everyone have that story of the stray animal that we so desperatly want to keep for a pet? For me, it was the snakes I captured at the park and kept in my toy box. My dad always made us let them go at the end of the day :(

2 comments:

Jen & Johnny said...

Way cute!! I have been to Mesa so many times in my life and have never seen those! Next time we are there I would love to go see them!!

Taryn said...

that cookie is about as big as her head! ha ha.

i don't think cole gets the whole "look at the camera thing". lol.

but looks like quite a fun day!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online