Sunday, May 24, 2009

Last two days of school

Wednesday and Thursday were Rylee's last two days of Kindergarten. She was very sad and already misses her best friend, Eowyn, and her teacher, Mrs. Vincent. She likes to look at these pictures often. What a funny girl. She makes me smile the way she loves people in her life sooo much!

On Wednesday, her class had an award ceremony that we were invited to. Unfortuneatly, as I was deleting pics on my camera, I accidently deleted the pic I took of her teacher handing her the folder of awards she had earned. I know! I could just die! (sigh)

Anyway, she did such a good job. Here is a list of the awards that she earned:

Outstanding Achievement in Phonics
Outstanding Achievement in Reading (she read 117/120 words)
The Principal's Award in recognition of Outstanding Homework
Citizenship Award
Certificate of Award for Oral Phonograms
Certificate of Appreciation
Certificate of Award for Math Facts
"I Can Count To 100" Award
Franklin Certificate of Reading
A Yellow Ribbon for reading 50 books since March
Kindergarten Graduation

She is such a good student. Her teacher called each student to the front of the classroom to present them with their awards and said a few special things about them. She said that Rylee is very talented in art and loves to create. Of course, we already knew that but it's fun to hear other people recognize talents in your children. Mrs. Vincent called her their "resident artist" because one of her paintings was chosen for the Kindergarten bulletin in the lobby of the school. We asked for the painting after school was over and now she proudly displays it on the fridge. I think I may frame it and use it somewhere in the house.

We are so proud of how much Rylee has learned. It is fun to see where she started at the beginning of the year learning the sounds to all the letters and two-letter phonograms to writing and illustrating her own books. I love it! We can't wait for next year (especially me. three months can be a long time in hot, hot, hot Arizona!)



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Marci said...

Wow, you guys are out of school already? We still have 3 week left. I've been subbing and I just love the Kinders and 1st graders.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online