Saturday, May 9, 2009

Cole's 4th Birthday Party


As you can see, the theme that Cole chose for his birthday party this year is Ninja Turtle. And let me tell ya, it was not an easy thing to find. They haven't been popular for over a decade and the toys were not easy to come by. But, I did it. I managed to find a few toys and come up with a fun party. This cake I am the most proud of. It was actually, physically painful to cut this cake up. I should have made cupcakes for the kids to eat or something and just used the cake as a center piece, but alas, I didn't think of that until it was too late, so the cake had to be cut. Good bye pretty cake and the 2 hours I spend decorating it!

Next, since it was a ninja turtle party, clearly everyone needed masks and belt in order to become true ninjas. For games we were going to play ninja turtle training, but the kids just wanted to run around in the sprinklers so we let them. (video will be uploaded later where you will also get to enjoy Cole's natural ninja abilities)

For food we started with Pizza and green finger jello (ooze). Pretty simple. Then cake, ice-cream, and licorice.

To end the party, the kids got to chase Justin around the yard with grenade shaped water balloons. We had fun and Cole enjoyed his party. Thanks so much to my very, very, generous friend Shye who let us use and mess up her yard. We appreciate it so much!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jinnyruth said...

Looks like tons of fun. My question is, how does he even know about ninja turtles?

Taryn said...

very impressive cake, trin. you're so good at those birthdays....lucky kids!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online