Saturday, March 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!


Today is my mom's birthday, and since they say that once you hit 30 you go backwards, she is turning 13-years-old today! These are a few pics from her recent visit here. And since my mom is the big 1-3, I will give you the top 13 things that I love about my mom:

13. My mom is fashionable. Growing up, she often wore the "mom" outfit of jeans and t-shirts, but in more recent years, she has discovered her own beauty and dresses the part. She wears nice things, and I know my dad is proud to have her on his arm (although, he always was, even if she wore sweats with her hair in a pony!)

12. She's BEAUTIFUL! Do you see the picture of her below! She's gorgeous! I only wish she could see what all the rest of us see when we look at her. I'm proud to say, that I often hear my family talk about how much I look like her when she was my age. Look what I have to look forward to! Thanks for that mom!


11. My mom calls and visits often. It's always fun to have her around. She's helpful with the kids and often let's Justin and I get away for an evening, and sometimes overnight, while she stays with the kids. She loves it when they all crawl in bed with her.

10. Being far away from home I often feel out of the loop with my siblings and cousins and what's new in their lives. My mom is always really good at keeping me in the loop with my family so I don't feel left out.

9. My mom is kind . . . to everyone! She makes friends everywhere she goes. Just this weekend, she was making friends with the lady who sat next to us at the mall playground. She's just a likable person and people sense that about her.

8. My mom is generous in so many ways. She loves a lot. She gives a lot. I know there have been times when she has sacrificed in order to give to someone else. She is an example of Christ's love in that way.

7. My mom is a good listener. If I need someone to just listen to me vent or complain I can always count on her to let me.

6. My mom is non-judgemental. It is amazing to me to see how much she can love a person instantly, even if by exterior appearances they look less than lovable. She makes no immediate judgements and accepts people.

5. My mom puts a lot of effort into building relationships with the ones she loves. That sort of ties into #11. She visits so often because she wants to get to know her grand kids and them to know her. It's important to her that the ones she loves know her.

4. My mom raised me in the church. My mom is the only member in her family. As a teenager, she would find a ride every week so she could go to church while the rest of her family did not. I don't think she is aware of the spiritual strength that she has. She is an example to me of faith in that way. It had to have been difficult without the support of her family members to stay strong. And I'm thankful that she did because it was at a church dance that she met my dad!

3. My mom is only the best grandma that a person could ask for their children. My children will never know just how lucky they are to have her in their lives. She loves them so much, unconditionally (the way a grandma should). They can do no wrong in her eyes. I often joke with her saying that the day I was born, she looked at her sweet little baby girl and thought to herself, "I'm going to be a grandma someday!"

2. My mom loves my dad. I am often overwhelmed with the relationship and intense love between my parents. They did not have the easiest start to their marriage, but it is clear to see how much they love each other. They are always hugging and kissing on each other and you never see them sit next to each other without holding hands or my dads arm around my mom's shoulders. I truly believe that the best gift a parent can give a child is to love the other parent. My parents have exemplified that by example. Thank you!

1.My mom loves me! In spite of all the things that I put her through in my childhood and teenage years, she loves me! Of course, that's probably easier now, but she loved me even when it was hard to love me. And I can't thank her enough for that!

Happy 13th Birthday, Mom!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online