Sunday, August 10, 2008

Well, it was bound to happen eventually. . .

Last night, after we had put the kids to bed, Justin and I decided to watch a movie (P.S. I Love You). About 15 min. into the movie we hear this loud THUD! from upstairs and then an instant scream. Cole often roles off the bed when he is sleeping and usually cries a little about it then gets back in bed and is asleep again within minutes. This time was different. We ran up the stairs and Cole was screaming ( not just crying) and holding his arm. I knew instantly what had happened. I looked at his arm and you could see that just below the wrist, his arm was broken. His arm was not suppose to bend that way. So, off we went to the E.R. I was surprised how quickly they were able to get us in there and out again. Cole did awsome throughtout the whole thing. He whined only a little when they had to move his arm around to take x-rays, but mostly he was just calm and a little nervous. We read him stories and the doctors and nurses promised him popsicles and a new toy when he was all done. (Now my kids think going to the hospital is like going to Chuck-E-Cheese or something because when we asked if they were ready to go home once Cole was done, they said no)!

I took pics this morning of Cole's battle wounds and you would think he was posing for a fashion show! He just kept moving into different poses to show off his splint (he'll be getting a cast in a few days). What a tough kid!

(Check out Cole's blog to hear his response to the whole ordeal)




Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Barnes Blog said...

I haven't checked your blog forever it seems like, because all this new stuff happened. By the way I toally want to be invited to the kids blogs.
Your shirts are adorable, I am so jealous, I want to go have a late night party. How's the book? I banned them from myself, because I bcame too obsessed, should I not have? Everyone is talking about it and it makes me want to renig on my committment. I didn't even finish the 3rd, I totally walked away from just 3 chapters before the end. Am I a fool???
You look hot by the way.

Marci said...

Wow, what a trooper. It's lucky you didn't have to wait long at the hospital. Sometimes it takes hours to be seen.

Keli said...

Poor little Cole! The pics are so cute though.
I would love to read the kid's blog!

thechristensens said...

I know how you feel! Noah broke his arm when he was 10 months old. He was taking a nap on my sister's bed, and he crawled off. It was the most heart breaking thing to see him with a cast on his arm. And then, last summer, he broke his leg jumping on a trampoline. He had a black cast (his choice) all the way up his leg from toe to upper thigh. He couldn't walk for 8 weeks! Broken bones happen. But it almost would make you feel better if it had happened doing something more drastic or sports related, huh? Poor kid, though...I hope he does okay with everything! He looks pretty proud of that cast!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online