Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Dance Recital

The whole purpose of me staying in California so long was so that I could help my mother-in-law get ready for her dance recital (she owns a dance studio). It was a lot of busy work, but worth it in the end. I spent most of the time drawing, cutting, painting and glittering. The backdrop on the stage looked so good behind all the dancers. Rylee went the first night to help me sell flowers and loved posing in front of the backdrop when it was over. The theme was all about broadway musicals. I painted the Mama Mia, Hairspray, and High School Musical posters and cut out and painted the tony award. I also cut the letters and drew the musical notes. We had a lot of help from some of the dancers to finish off the cutting and glittering. I never knew how talented my mohter-in-law was. She drew free-hand all the pictures and did the grease poster alone. What talent! Anyway, it was a lot of fun to watch the recital both nights. It helped get Rylee excited about what she can do with dance as she gets older if she sticks to it!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online