Monday, May 19, 2008

Serial WHAT!!!!!!

Okay, for those of you who I haven't talked to in the last few days, you're never going to believe what happened last week. So, there's been this serial killer that the police have been trying to catch since last year. He's been connected to two rapes/murders and the last two survived. One escaped from his home and the other was beaten and left for dead in an alley but someone found her and she survived. Well, on wednesday I was watching t.v. when they interrupted my show to have a broadcast. They caught the guy! Fantastic, the public can rest! . . . so I thought.

When Justin got home later that day (the broadcast was around 3 in the afternoon), he walks in around 5:45 which is a little late but not enough to make me wonder about anything. He walks in and says "you won't believe what's going on outside."

me - "What?"
justin - "they arrested that serial killer!"
me - "I know, I saw it on the news."
justin - "It's Trent!"
me - "WHAT!!!!!"

Trent is our neighbor and good friend! He and I hang out outside all the time while our kids play together! He is the "model" neighbor! I'm still in shock! He's been in my home without my husband here bringing us dinner for our family! He has been DNA connected to all four crimes, and who knows how many others that they haven't discovered yet, over the last four years. We've known him for about 2 1/2 years! We've been good friends for a long time!
And, since the last two woman survived, they saw his face and were able to I.D. him. Talk about SCARY!

So, what Justin was referring to outside was a number of police cars, police tape roping off our neighbors house who lives just across the parking lot from us, and every news station trying to get interviews from all the neighbors who continued to congregate outside till late into the evening trying to find out more information.

Lesson learned: 1. My judgement of other people may not be as dead on as I orginally thought and 2. The Lord watches over us.

If you would like to know more you can google Trent Christopher Benson. There are tons of aricles.

9 comments:

Taryn said...

ha. cody told me last night. that's one for the books!

Jen & Johnny said...

That is so scary!!! I am so glad you guys are all ok!!!! It is so wonderful to know that the Lord does watch over us!!!!

Jolanda said...

One of my worst nightmares! I can't believe that! I am so glad you guys are all ok.

Anonymous said...

that gives me the chills, i am so greatful nothing happened to you or your family! glad you are okay!

Mandy said...

Wow! Trina I would definately be spooked! Aren't we glad Heavenly Father watches over us!

Dana said...

That is SO FREAKY!!! I found your blog from Jenny & Johnnys (I'm Jenny's Cousin) I'm going to check this out online...I'm SO GLAD you're OK and they caught him!!!

Tracy said...

I'm so glad you and your family are safe. I went to school in Fosston, MN with Trent and even went on a date with him when I was in 7th grade and he in 9th (thank goodness we decided to "just be friends") anyways, my mom called me the other night with the awful news about Trent and I have been so down ever since.. this is NOT the Trent I grew up with at all.. Trent was so nice and a good person and Christian from a wonderful, loving family.. I just can't believe this and really wonder what happened to him along the way to cause this. I'm so glad that you are your lovely family are safe.

The Laidlaws said...

Seriously frightening...though its a sad circumstance finding out it was a friend, I'm certainly glad that they caught him, that he will come to justice and that you and your family are safe!

Leishman's said...

Wow that is so crazy!! You never know about people these days.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online