Thursday, March 6, 2008

Sweet Couple

I have to tell about an experience I had today at Costco. (I know, all good things happen at Costco!).

After I dropped Rylee off at preschool today I took Cole and Gracie to go get Justin for lunch. We usually just go to the Costco down the street from his work and eat samples and sometimes a hotdog afterwards. After we were done dabbling in all the tasty samples, I decided I was still hungry and got a hotdog.

As we were sitting at one of the umbrellaed picnic tables (which, by the way, makes no sense to me since it's indoors), Cole and I split a hotdog and Justin was holding Gracie. An older couple approached us to, of course, ask how old the baby was and say how beautiful she is. The woman then noticed Cole next to me and said hello to him and told him what a good boy he was. The woman preceded to tell Justin and I that she was a school teacher for 31 years and loving your kids is what will make them excel in school and she could tell that we did. That made me feel good. Anyway, she said her husband and her were celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary. Her husband is 90 years old and she will soon be 86. They certainly looked wonderful for thier age and I never would have guessed they were as old as they are. The man told us they've made it so long because he's married to a wonderful woman, and she agreed :)

They soon said goodbye and walked away. As they were leaving, it left me with what can only be described as a satisfied feeling. I am incredibly blessed to have a husband who loves me and our kids so much and to know that that couple will one day be ourselves, be it in this life or the next. I am grateful to know that Heavenly Father has such a plan that makes it possible for me to be with my family forever and has given us a gospel to teach us how to make it back to Him together. Showing our love for one another is the beginning.

Anyway, this couple made me reflect on all my many blessings and I am grateful to them for that. So, if you happen to be reading this and you fit the discription given earlier and were shopping at the phoenix 44th street costco around 1:30pm today. . . THANK YOU.

2 comments:

Burgess said...

Hey, it's Burgess Ewton from church. Sorry I'm leaving a comment on your blog and not calling, but I don't have your #. I'm probably not going to be in primary on Sunday (the 9th), my baby is sick. Tiffany has the lesson but would you please get someone to sit with her and help with the kids? Thank you!

Trina said...

no problem burgess! thanks for letting me know!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online