Sunday, March 23, 2008

Beehive Update

Okay, so Justin looked all over the internet on what to do about those bees. We didn't want to kill them all since I guess there's a big bee shortage in a lot of states so we thought maybe we could find a beekeeper to come get them or get them to go away ourselves. Justin read somewhere that bees hate moth balls so he went to Home Depot and got a ton. And by a ton, I mean a TON! He put them just underneath the beehive friday night. Saturday afternoon a friend came by our house to pick up something and I showed him the bees. They were all still there working away. Not ten minutes later, Justin called to me and said they were all gone! Wish I had been outside to see that! How cool would that video have been to watch the whole sworm fly away! Guess they found another home somewhere else and this is what was left behind. To put it in prospective, the biggest one is about the size of my hand and that ball of bees was nearly twice the size of my head! There were maybe over a thousand plus bess out there! Anyway, I house now smells like mothboths, but at least we're all safe!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

The Allen's said...

that is stinking crazy.

becki said...

OMG! That is so crazy! How genius with the moth balls though!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online