Friday, April 17, 2009

An update . . .

Most of my posts are all about the kids so I thought maybe I would give our readers an update on what Justin and I are doing.

Justin lost his job last January and quickly moved on (as we have to in life) to a new adventure in real estate. He is now working full time as a realtor. So far, things have been moving both slowly and quickly. He is learning quick the best way to make things work for him and clients are quickly adding up, but house hunting is a slow process so the paychecks are slowly making their way here. We are overwhelmed by the support and generosity and love that we have experienced from both family and friends. It has been greatly appreciated. We often feel thank you is never enough, but we thank you all. Overall, Justin is loving his new career path and all that he is learning about the real estate world. So, if you, or anyone you know, is looking to sell or buy a house (or both), please send them our way!

As for myself, I am missing school. I have realized how much school made me feel like an individual person with thoughts, ideas, hobbies, and interests, along with being some body's mom. Not that I don't adore my job as mom and wife, but sometimes I feel like I need something a little more, just for me. I guess that's the selfish side of me, but I think it makes me a better mom and wife when I have something that takes me away, if only for a few moments.

So, with my desire to try something new, I have started photography. I bought myself a fancy new camera last Christmas and have begged my friends to allow me to experiment on them. My poor kids have had enough! So far I have done 3 photo shoots, one baby and two maternity, and I love it! You can see my most recent photos HERE. I am having so much fun learning how my camera works, where and how to angle it to get the best shot, and how to capture someone in the way they would want. I am learning slowly but am proud of my progress. I think I get just a little better each time. I hope to continue to develop a new talent to a point that maybe someday people might even pay me to do this!

Other than that, I am enjoying being with my kids everyday. I love watching them learn about the world around them and their place in it. Each one of my kids have their own little personalities and I love watching them grow. I love my family, and my Savior and my Heavenly Father.

I have been blessed in so many ways and often wonder what I did to deserve the life I have. Thank you to all my family and friends who have contributed in so many ways the blessings that I enjoy!

1 comment:

Dale & Lynn Leishman said...

You are a great mom and wife and it is neat to hear about your life.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online