Monday, October 13, 2008



I thought this picture was perfectly appropriate to go along with the story I'm about to tell you.

As most of you know, I have been potty training my three-year-old son and he has been quiet successful. We are now at the stage where we can go to the store and be pretty confident that there won't be an accident.

On this particular day, I had taken my daughter and her two friends to dance. Once I dropped them off I decided to take my two remaining children to Target for some browsing while we waited for dance class to be over.

Of course, as soon as we enter the store, Cole announces his need to use the restroom ( I think he mostly gets a kick out of using the public potties). So, I make the mistake of not grabbing a cart to put Gracie in, carry her and walk Cole into the bathroom. Luckily, Target has a family section in the women's bathroom with a toilet just his size. He sits down and I walk towards the sink carrying Gracie to wait for him to finish. Then I hear . . .

"Waaaaah!" I look at Cole and he is panicking. Apparently, he did not sit far back enough or spread his legs enough for his "boy parts" to point down. So now he is peeing all over the bathroom in a water-hose-out-of-control-like-fashion. I panic, reach for him and shove his boy parts back into the toilet getting pee all over myself, him and the baby, along with all over the walls and floor! Now, I have to put Gracie on the dirty bathroom floor so I can clean Cole up and wipe up the pee on the floor while trying to keep her from playing in it!

Needless to say, we left the bathroom wet, and still had to wait the hour until dance class was over.

1 comment:

Jinnyruth said...

So were you laughing at the time or is this one of those things that's only funny in retrospect? I can appreciate the story, it's too horribly familiar. "Make sure you point it down," was one of the most frequent things to come out of my mouth for a while.

Thanks for the laugh!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online