Sunday, October 19, 2008


As most of you know, I am the primary president in our ward at church. That is, I work with all the kids! Today we had our primary program and it couldn't have gone better. Nothing invites the spirit faster than a song and hearing children sing is even better. My particular favorite song this year is "If The Savior Stood Beside Me." I still get teary eyed when I hear the song and remember what it felt like when I heard it the first time. For those of you who haven't heard it, find a primary song CD asap. You will want it for keeps!
As I have reflected on our program today and the spirit that was felt in that room, I thought about what Christ would say or do if He were here to share a message with our kids. I chose the image above because this is how I imagine He would look. He has such great love for our children. I imagine He would bring each child into His arms the way you see Him in this picture. (maybe a little differently with the bigger kids!)
Anyway, this post isn't really anything special. More of a poorly written reflection of my appreciation for my calling in the primary and Christ's love for His children, including myself.
To those of you reading this who have kids in our ward, Thank you so much for all that you do to teach them about the gospel. I have truly grown as a mother, a woman, and as a person because of the opportunity I have had to work with your kids. Thank you for that.

2 comments:

Marci said...

We had our program yesterday too. It was so sweet. The kids loved that song best too. It has a great message.

simplyshye said...

Trina ,,,,
I totally agree ! It was wonderful and they did a super job. I love to work with you in primary ;-)
As well as my little class !! They teach me alot every sunday and help me - man !! they are smart .
Well - anywho -thanks for the post - it's always nice to remember things and put it in perspective . Your a great primary pres !! Love you -shye

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online