Saturday, January 26, 2008

Washington D.C.

Justin and I got to go to Washington D.C. for a short weekend and we had so much fun. We got to pack in a lot of sights and activities in a very short amount of time. These are some of my favorite pics. This first one is of the Constitution. There is no light in the room their in so the pic isn't that great.
This is a pic of me and Justin in the PRESIDENT'S BOX in the Kennedy Center watching My Fair Lady. SO COOL! We brought back presidential M&M's and Jelly Belly's for the kids.
This is Arlington Cemetery. The rest of these pics touched my heart in different ways.
I loved how this little boy just stared at this amazing man for quite a while. He seemed to be in awe, as were we.


This is a picture of the "Tomb of the Unknown Soldier." We got there just in time to watch the changing of the guard. This was Sunday morning and was an incredibly spiritual experience to be at this cemetery and soak in all that our history holds.Posted by Picasa
This is a picture of the Vietnam War Memorial. Several of these wreaths were laying against it and it touched me to think of all those who lost loved ones.
This one is probably my favorite picture. Justin is looking at hundreds of stars. Each one (I believe, don't quote me) represents 1,000 lives lost during WWII. Overall, this vacation was both great fun and emotionally exhausting. We also got to see the Holocaust Museum, The National Archives, Library of Congress, and many other monuments. An unforgettable experience. Thank you so much, Taryn and Brendon, for such a great time and unforgettable memories!

1 comment:

Taryn said...

we're so glad you could come!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online