Friday, May 7, 2010

Come and See!

I know I haven't posted in such a long time, and so much has been happening around here! But, I still don't have time to post right now about my family happening. This post has only one purpose: to tell you about my "Sweet Shoppe!"

A few months ago I decided I wanted to make a tu-tu for Rylee to wear to dance, then I thought, I have to make one for Gracie and Bree! Then, I thought it would be fun to sell these at my mother-in-law's dance studio. How perfect is that! Only thing is, what do I call this new business of mine?

Fast forward one week. . .

My sister-in-law, Taryn, was visiting for the weekend and walked into the room as I was working on a tu-tu with the colors hot pink, light pink, and brown. She said, "That looks like Neopolitan colors." Ah-ha! And my new business name and slogan was born. "Trina's Sweet Shoppe: A tu-tu for every sweet tooth!"

Now, I name all my tu-tu's after some sort of sweet treat and adorn each one with a little piece of candy.

I'm really excited! I've been doing it almost two months and have already had more orders than I can often keep up with. I'm having a booth at the farmers market this summer and at the town's "Red Suspenders Day" event. (A huge event for Gridley). I have developed an etsy and a blog. My seller name on etsy is trinassweetshoppe and you can go to my new blog HERE.

I've never considered myself a real creative person, but I have been inspired by my oldest daughters creativity. If she can develop a creative talent, than so can I! I've even started to add hair accessories and have had so much fun creating.

I would love as much feed back as possible, here or on my shoppe blog. Thanks for all your input in advance!

1 comment:

The Allen's said...

Those look so cute. I wish I had a little girly so I could dress them up precious. Oh well, maybe someday. Hope you guys are doing good in California. All you kiddos are getting big.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online