Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Thank You Everybody!

Wow! Thank you so much to all of our family and friends who have shown so much support and concern over the last week. We have been overwhelmed with the amount of love shown by all of you. We have been equally overwhelmed by all the blessings that the Lord has showered upon us.

Justin and I have been reflecting a lot over the last few years and it seems that so many small seeds were planted specifically for this time in our lives. Justin got his real estate license, I graduated school in time, our food storage has been slowly growing, we have been able to keep ourselves out of credit card debt and save a good deal of money. Not to mention the number of offers and suggestions we have received from family and friends that have helped us a great deal in our decision making and weighing all of our options (HAVING options is another blessing).

Justin has decided to focus on real estate full time. After talking to a number of people and a few brokers, we feel that this can and will be a really good thing for him and for us. We are really excited to move in a direction that gets Justin closer to the goals he has set for himself in real estate and investment property. In the meantime, it will take a little bit of time for him to earn any commissions so if anybody has any handy-man jobs or know of someone who needs any, let us know. Thanks to Justin's farming and construction background he is very, VERY handy. He can build or fix just about anything! That has proved to be very helpful in our own home. Also, I am looking for a babysitting job. I have room in my car for one more car seat so maybe a little baby or maybe two kids would work. Our hope is to keep me home with our kids but still try to find a way to help supplement our savings.

Thanks again to everybody who has expressed concern and kept us in your prayers. We are tremendously blessed to have supportive family and friends. Love to all of you from the Leishman home!

4 comments:

Barnes Blog said...

I just got myself caught up on your blog, a MAJOR bummer deal with Justin's job. I'm glad you guys have been so responsible and planning ahead just in case.
I hope everything goes well and that you start making money again real soon.
Love you guys, good luck.
Oh ya, I had my baby girl. Her name is Eleanor.

Burgess said...

Hey, I know this sounds weird but they have one time jobs like that all the time on Craigslist. Maybe you can find some stuff there that will help out.

Anonymous said...

Oh Trina, I am very sorry. You guys are both so talented I know this will only be a temporary setback....if any setback at all. You inspire me to get my food storage going. One just never knows in this economy.

Jinnyruth said...

I'm glad you guys know what you want to do. We'd still love to have you in the desert! If you ever want a change of scene. They pay for your masters, too!

Love you guys!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online