Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Bummer Deal!

As we all know, the economy is not doing well, particularily in the construction business. And as most of you know, my husband is a project manager for a home builder, at least he was.

Yesterday we found out that Justin lost his job due to loss in the company that has to be made up. Many jobs have been lost in his company so we were aware that this could happen, but it still comes as a surprise.

I am so grateful for the gospel and parents that have taught us to save what we can and build up food storage. Because of those two small things that we have tried to do, we will be fine for at least 3-4 months while we figure out what to do next. Another blessing is my graduating just a few months ago. Becuase of that it makes it possible for me to go to work should I need to. We have so many blessings and we know we'll be okay.

But if anyone knows of anythings or anyone that may help him find another job quickly (he will be looking in different industries since there are pretty much no jobs to be had in the construction industry) please let me know. Justin has a bachelor's degree in construction management and has been working for a small home builder as project manager for the last four years. So just about any kind of project management job will probably work.

Thanks so much for your help!

3 comments:

Marci said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle & Matt's Clan said...

Oh Justin and Katrina,
It was so great to be with you guys for New Year's! I was inspired by your faith and your obedience to prepare. I really believe that you will look back on this time and be greatful for the road it turned you to, but in the meantime our prayers are with you. We love you. We wish that we could say we could hire Justin. I know he is an asset to any company.

Jinnyruth said...

I'm so sorry guys! If you're really looking to go into a different field, they are always hiring project managers out here, and I think national defense is pretty secure. Plus we'd love to have you closer....

Our prayers are with you!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online