Monday, September 15, 2008

NCLB-Blue Ribbon Schools

Today I got to go volunteer in Rylee's kindergarten class. It was so neat to watch a little bit of her learning and see how much she shines in class. Of course, I believe she was shining just a little more than the other kids, but that could just be me. Anyway, when I was there the principal came to the classroom to share some good news. Rylee's school got the National Blue Ribbon Award of Excellence from President Bush! I'm not entirely sure what that really means or what the criteria is to earn the award, but it must be good. Here is an excerpt I found that tells a tiny bit about what it means:

"The No Child Left Behind-Blue Ribbon Schools Program honors public and private elementary, middle and high schools that are either academically superior or that demonstrate dramatic gains in student achievement to high levels. In addition to being honored at a ceremony in Washington, DC, where each school receives a plaque and flag signifying their status, these schools serve as models for other schools throughout the nation."

Anyway, very exciting! It must be because I enrolled Rylee this year and she just took them over the top! Way to go Rylee!


No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online