Thursday, June 30, 2011

Rylee's Baptism

Can you believe it! I still remember being pregnant with her! But here she is, all grown up. And I am amazed at this little girl. Her understanding and love for the gospel is truly inspiring. As her parents, we've done our best to teach her, but she loves to learn. She has so much love for everyone. Her prayers are the longest in our family because she prays for all the children and families that don't have all that they need and then proceeds to list the things that she hopes that they can have. What a big heart! She is such a good example to her siblings and I hope that they follow it.
It was so great having so much family around to share in such a special day for Rylee. She was a little nervous once it was time to go in the water, but I reassured her that it will be warm and that seemed to calm her nerves.

Here she is with her daddy.



Rylee and mommy. So proud!

Aunt Tiffy made a quick drive down from Idaho to be here. She surprised Rylee at the baptism and Rylee was soooo excited to see her!

Rylee with her grandma and grandpa Leishman.

Grandma and Grandpa McKee, who also traveled all the way from Montana to be here. My mom gave a talk at the baptism on the Holy Ghost and gave Rylee her first set of fancy scriptures with her name engraved on them. These are traditions in my family. My grandmother was the one who spoke on the Holy Ghost at my baptism and gave me scriptures as well. Very sweet!
The whole family, including two of her great grandmas, Grandma Betty and Grandma Balch.

Family photo. Bree was slightly less than cooperative (as usual).



What cute kids!!!

My mom made this AMAZING cake that matching Rylee's white dress. BEAUTIFUL!

Here you can see them together! ( I accidentally cut my mom off, oops! Sorry mom!)

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

thechristensens said...

wow...she's 8 already?!?! I remember playing with her when she was so little! Time sure does fly!

Congrats, Rylee!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online