Friday, July 3, 2009

It's Time

Some of you may have heard that we are moving back to California. It's true. We'll be moving in just a few short weeks, just after my parents visit at the end of the month. Real Estate hasn't been as lucrative as we had hoped (dang market!), and while we've been okay up to this point, it's time to move on to something new. So, we've decided since we have to start over anyways, why not start where we want to be!

We have mixed feelings about it. We are so excited to finally be living where we've always wanted to be and raise our family. We love that we'll be so close to so much of Justin's family and just a bit closer to mine (but hopefully we'll get to travel to see my family more since we don't have to juggle travel time and two families).

We are also very sad to be leaving so many AWESOME friends that we have made during our nearly five years in Arizona. We plan to make the most of the time we have left.

Something I need all of you Arizona locals to help me with is to figure out what I've missed. We've lived here for nearly five years and have done and seen many things, but I want to be sure that we don't leave the state saying "I wish we had. . ." Here is a list of the things we have done so far. If there is something you've heard of or think we must do before we leave, please leave a comment and let me know!

-Tempe Town Lake Splash Park
-Phoenix Zoo
-Wild Life Zoo
-Science Center
-Dinosaur Museum
-Arizona Museum for Youth
-Downtown Mesa Art tour
-Renaissance Festival
-Pumpkin Patch
-Zoo Lights
-Christmas Parades

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. We've actually done quiet a few super fun things!

2 comments:

Dusty said...

It is nice to be close to family - since moving to Seattle (and 1700 miles away from family) We have realized how important family is! Now that you'll be closer - you need to plan a trip up here sometime - it's beautiful!

And you definately need to get over to the grand canyon. There is a place with a glass bottom 'cat walk' that stretches out over the canyon - it sounds scary - and it is - but it's AMAZING! Even if you don't walk on it - the Grand Canyon is truly a wonder of the world!

Burgess said...

I've been thinking for a few days, and I can't think of anything else for you to do. If you go to the Grand Canyon, you should stop at Bedrock City. Google it -- it's like Bedrock in the Flintstones. That's one of the places I've always wanted to go.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online